Monday, April 30, 2012

Pat's Run 2012

 April 21, 2012 - a day that I will never forget! I finally set a goal for myself and ACCOMPLISHED it!!!

I have to admit that I was really nervous when Chuck signed us, along with his parents, up for Pat's Run. It is a 4.2 mile run through downtown Tempe that benefits military scholars through the Pat Tillman Foundation. When Chuck signed us up in January, I was barely jogging more than 30 minutes on the treadmill without struggling and being sore for days... But once we were registered, it was just the motivation I needed to get my butt in gear.

Then Chuck and his sis Melissa ran a half marathon the beginning of March. I was hooked - I vowed to run a half marathon with Melissa next year so now I really needed to train properly. I promised myself I would set these goals and accomplish them!

Over the next few months, I pushed myself harder than I have in years! 

By the time April 21st rolled around, I had set a goal of running this 4.2 mile run in 50 minutes. The morning of, I was so nervous/excited/anxious/ready-to-go that I could hardly stand it. 



 Waiting around for the race to start







28,000 people ran/walk in Pat's Run - AMAZING!



Here we go!


FINISH LINE!


The adrenaline gave me the kick that I needed and I finished the race in 43 minutes (7 minutes faster than my goal!). It felt SO good! Chuck and Donna finished at 49 minutes - we were all under 50 minutes! 


I had to add a few pictures of our boys at the end of this post because they are my biggest inspiration for getting healthy! I want to be able to play, keep up, play sports, and enjoy every minute with them :)


Our silly boys make life FUN!


I AM BLESSED

No comments: