Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Why God Made Little Boys




Why God Made Little Boys

God made a world out of His dreams,

of magic mountains, oceans and streams,

Prairies and plains and wooded land.

Then paused and thought

I need someone to stand, on top of the mountains,

to conquer the seas, explore the plains

and climb the trees.

Someone to start out small and grow,

sturdy and strong like a tree and so

He created boys, full of spirit and fun

To explore and conquer, to romp and run

With dirty faces, and banged up chins

With courageous hearts and boyish grins.

And when He had completed the task He'd begun,

He surely said, "That's a job well done."


As Logan's 1st birthday is drawing near, I find myself feeling sad that he is already turning one. I think of how much he has changed in the last 12 months and the memories are bittersweet. But I am also feeling excited for all the days ahead of chasing a spunky toddler around the house....with big blue eyes that can melt you heart in an instant.


Ahhh.... the times to come!


But the last 12 months have also made me realize how amazing God truly is.
He gave us this wonderful, full-of-life, healthy, loving little boy to raise... US!!


Some days I doubt my abilities as a "good" mother....
and then I get one of Logan's open mouth, slobbery kisses.
I guess we are doing a pretty good job, so far....

1 comment:

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

You are a FABULOUS, selfless mother. I admire all you balance. Logan is a blessed little boy. Don't doubt your abilities, Sista. You got the motherhood thing by the tail!!

Geesh, Logan has changed so much in the couple weeks that it's been since I've seen him even. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

LOVED that poem. I've never heard it before-got me all teary, you're good for doing that to me :) So awesome. And yes, God has truly blessed you beyond measure. Logan is an answered prayer in every way. And it keeps getting better-this year will be so fun and amazing in watching him grow and change.