Sunday, June 9, 2013

Change is good... Right??!


After spending the last 6+ years working on a VERY busy medical/surgical unit in a large acute care facility, I am leaving to go work at a small outpatient pediatric surgery center. Needless to day, it is going to be an adjustment but change is good, right?! 

I have wanted to work Pediatrics since I started nursing school back in 2003. It has always been such a strong desire in my heart but the opportunity just wasn't there. It was a hard pill to swallow that maybe, just maybe, I wasn't meant to be a Pediatric Nurse just yet... Now that I look back on the last 6 years, I know why God had me start my nursing career at BBMC. I needed to understand the "big picture", work on my critical thinking skills, gain the confidence and skill of being a more "seasoned" nurse, but most of all, it made me the holistic, compassionate, supportive, spiritual being I need to be to become an amazing (not just good... Amazing!) Pediatric RN!!

Here's to putting my faith in God's Hands and allowing Him to do amazing things through my willing hands!


No comments: